Late last year when locals started noticing posters signalling a new business was moving in to The Iceworks complex in Willoughby, the excitement was palpable. And when they learned it was to be a fitness studio offering both group and individual sessions people REALLY started talking. Have you visited Studio High Street yet?
With Covid restrictions easing, and many people keen to reinvigorate their health and exercise routines after the year that was 2020, the recent opening of Studio High Street was perfectly timed.
Willoughby’s newest fitness venue offers classes that are varied enough to suit different ages and fitness levels and welcomes both men and women. You can choose from:
- Yoga classes: Japanese (Okido) yoga, yin yoga, classical Hatha yoga, restorative yoga and yoga Nidra for deep state relaxation, and yoga biomechanics
- Stretch, Mobility & Release classes: the Studio’s signature class, this is very popular with all ages and both women and men. Using props and a combination of pilates, yoga therapy and exercise science techniques to help release chronically tight areas and increasing range of movement and overall mobility.
- Trampoline Fitness (Ubound): another very popular class at the Studio, these classes are low impact but high intensity. Uplifting fun beats to move to, this class is really effective for shedding calories fast. If you need a cardio fix that is low impact this is for you.
- Senior’s classes/Active ageing: tailored for over 65s to incorporate movement, balance and coordination.
- Beginner’s classes: for Pilates reformer, Mat Pilates and yoga
Owner Olivia Hammerschmidt, who has her own impressive resume as a yoga and pilates instructor, has gathered a team of industry experts to work with her, covering the various disciplines on offer. Ranging from Royal Ballet School graduates to triathletes, all of the teachers at Studio High Street are highly qualified professionals with a passion for communicating their love for their discipline to others.
Small Class Sizes, Seasonal Workshops and State of the Art Equipment
One of the first things you notice when entering Studio High Street (head up the stairs from Dose and turn right) is the state of the art equipment and wonderful aesthetics of the space. Reformer machines from Canada can be harnessed to the walls when not in use, and the view out to High Street is peaceful and pleasant.
Class sizes are intentionally designed to remain small (7 or 8 maximum) which enhances the boutique nature of this business.
And there’s a commitment to community that Olivia and her team are passionate about. How does a mini-retreat on a weekend sound? The Studio High Street team will be running seasonal workshops with industry leaders to increase your health and wellness knowledge – topics could include yoga immersions, gong sound healing, macrobiotic cooking and nutrition and food energetics.
How can I join?
Keen to try a range of classes to see what suits you? Take advantage of Studio High Street’s intro offer (new clients only). The package includes any six classes for $60 with a 14-day expiry.
Or why not opt for a private consultation (valued at $110) and three group classes for $169.
You can also head down there for a casual visit to suss out the space or book in a private consultation. Check out all the prices, package offers and other details here.
Address: 183 High Street North Willoughby, NSW, Australia 2068
Phone: 0404 831 552