Live Well in Willoughby is a Willoughby City Council initiative that delivers 100+ fabulous environmental events, webinars and workshops to locals. Kick-off 2023 and explore what there is on offer…
If you’re interested in gaining knowledge and learning practical tips for sustainable living, then Willoughby Council’s Live Well program is a great place to start. With something suitable for everyone in our diverse multicultural community, the program connects people with the natural environment and provides education on how to adopt a more eco-conscious lifestyle.
Council is committed to supporting healthy lifestyles, inspiring care for the local natural environment, and to helping our community live life to the max. In 2023, the Live Well program will deliver over 100 events, webinars and workshops, most of which are free.
The Live Well program covers a broad spectrum of interests, to encourage participation by the whole community. There are five main topic areas:
- Home & Lifestyle – learn about sustainable cooking, making eco-friendly items, and wearing or making sustainable fashion
- Energy Efficiency – gain knowledge on renewable energy and how to reduce your carbon footprint
- Active Transport – learn the benefits of walking and cycling, and how to get around our local area safely
- Nature – take guided bush walks to learn about the fascinating and diverse range of wildlife within our region
- Food & Garden – delve into the benefits of growing your own fruit and veg, and find out how to start your own garden or join one of our community gardens
The Live Well program has positive reviews with an average satisfaction rating of 94% given by past attendees.
One participant from Chatswood who attended a home and lifestyle workshop said they “[liked] the message that you don’t need to be an expert before taking action. [You can] just take a small step, learn as you go and build as you go.”
While another resident who attended an energy efficiency workshop noted that the workshops can save you time and money.
Making simple changes contributes to a sense of improved physical or mental health, whilst also benefitting the environment. All of which will be a win for Willoughby residents in the new year.
Check out the upcoming program of events, and sign up for Willoughby Council’s monthly Live Well newsletter so you don’t miss out on all the wonderful upcoming events in 2023.
Upcoming events: https://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Environment/Events
E-newsletter sign-up: https://bit.ly/WCCLiveWell