Willoughby City Council want to empower residents to improve their recycling practices, live more sustainably and work towards becoming a zero waste community. They’ve engaged on-demand collection service RecycleSmart to assist.
We want to empower our residents to improve their recycling practices, live more sustainably and work towards becoming a zero waste community. So, we’ve partnered with RecycleSmart to make it easier.
Residents can book their Power Pickup in 3 clicks from the app (or website), leave their bag of recyclables at their door and a local and friendly driver will come and make sure every item is properly recycled.
Explaining the Power Pickup
Recycling the tricky stuff (like soft plastics, e-waste and clothing) is now as easy as pie:
- Scoop up all those tough-to-recycle things and fill up a shopping bag.
- Book a pickup in 3 clicks from the RecycleSmart app or website and pick a date that suits you. We collect Monday to Friday, and you don’t even need to be home.
- Your 2 options:
- Subscribe for free for a monthly Power Pickup. We will collect up to 2 bags for free every month. You can skip, edit or cancel anytime until 4pm the night before, and you can add additional bags for $2 per bag.
- Or book a one-off Power Pickup for $2 per bag. You can trial a FREE Power Pickup by using the code WILLOUGHBY.
- Place the bag/s outside your house on the pickup date before 8am. The RecycleSmart team will come to your doorstep and ensure your waste is properly recycled. We weigh every bag we collect, so you can keep track of your recycling records!
Want to know more about how to pack your waste, what bags to use and how the collection works? Check out the RecycleSmart FAQ here.
Any questions, get in touch with the friendly RecycleSmart team by email at email@example.com.
- Soft plastics: Plastic that can be scrunched (place in closed plastic bag)
- E-waste: Small electronics, appliances, batteries and mobile phones
- Textiles in good condition including clothing, shoes, bags, towels, bed linen
- Textiles in non-reusable condition: clothes and bed linen that cannot be reused (separate and clearly label your wearable and non-wearable textiles)
- Sneakers and other sports shoes (separate and clearly label your wearable and non-wearable shoes)
- Takeaway coffee cups and lids emptied, rinsed and separated
- Books, toys and CDs/DVDs in good condition
- Aluminum coffee pods in sealed plastic bag
- Empty cosmetics and skincare or haircare packaging
- Lightbulbs, paint (sealed), gas bottles, fire extinguishers, x-ray films, printer cartridges and all other items usually accepted by our Community Recycling Centre
Plus more, find the full list on the Recycle Smart website here.
Note, Recycle Smart DO NOT collect polystyrene, blister packs, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, nail polish remover bottles and needles/syringes.